QFHS is a registered Canadian charity, supported solely by volunteers who help researchers, from beginners to experts, learn about their ancestors and heritage. We are funded by membership dues, fundraising events, and donations
Membership provides a great place to connect with people who share a common interest and to research, record and tell unique family stories about our ancestors who lived in Quebec, Canada, United States, British Isles, Western Europe, and elsewhere around the world.
Your support is important to us. Here is how you can help.
Membership - August 1 to July 31
Our membership year runs from August 1 to July 31. Payment received after May 31 will apply to the next membership year, beginning August 1.
Individual $75 One person
Family $75 Two people living at same address
Institutions $40 Library or Archival Centre
Two Payment Options
Complete the Membership Form
and mail it with your cheque, money order or Visa credit card details
Your donation will help support the field of family history. Donations help us purchase resources for our library, offer lectures, seminars, and other activities, and create databases.
Donations can be made by cheque or credit card, online or by mail.
- Increase your knowledge of how to research your family history
- Gain access to thousands of resources in our Heritage Centre
- Network with members to help solve research problems
- Attend genealogy-related events
- Support the study and preservation of genealogy in Quebec
- Opportunity to network with members to discuss your “brick walls”
- Discounts on research services
- Discounts on seminars
- Full on-site access in our Library to the World Deluxe Edition of Ancestry.ca that contains billions of records
- Free look-ups in the Drouin Pépin Collection, Quebec Marriage and Death Index 1926-1996, and the Annuaire des citoyens du Québec
- Three issues of our journal, Connections
- Free publication of queries in Connections
- On-site use of our Heritage Centre and its collection of 6,000 genealogy resources, including books, reference material, family histories, and special collections, plus thousands of records on CD, microfilm, and microfiche, and access to online databases, such as the Deluxe International Edition of Ancestry.ca
- Review of books and microfilms in our Heritage Centre from Library and Archives Canada and the American Genealogical Lending Library through inter-library loan
- Periodicals and genealogy society newsletters available from our Heritage Centre by borrowing in person
- Discounts on registration fees to our workshops, conferences and tours
- Special interest groups
- Email notification about lectures, workshops, tours, conferences and other items of genealogical interest